Monday, October 27, 2008

Youtube

Yes, the beast that is Youtube. When I discovered that I could watch music videos, interviews, Sound clips and live performances from Coil and other bands, I spent hours in front of the computer screen, soaking in the sights and sounds.

This weekend, I decided that 2009 would be the year I add a Vintage Analog Synthesizer to my collection of musical gear. I can read message boards and reviews on vintage synths, but where can I hear them? The answer is Youtube. When looking into Juno 106 & 60’s, Jupiter 6 & 8’s (4 sounds incredible, but the reliability issues scare me), MS-10 & 20’s, and Moogs, I found Youtube is a great resource for Synth demos. I have also found great Boutique Guitar pedal demo’s on there. Youtube is not something I use all of the time. I can go months without visiting the website, but once I start searching it, hours fly by. Both a good and a horrible thing.

No comments: