Friday, October 10, 2008

Library 2.0

This all could be heading somewhere pretty fascinating for me. The first perspective I read does address the idea of training, which I think is very important. Once we can get the public more comfortable with computer technology, we could expand our media digital reliance. I will always love the physicality of books, records, and CDs, but I have to admit that once we start providing more digital alternatives within our collection, we can provide a much broader base of materials for the public to enjoy. As someone who listens, watches, and reads things that are often left of mainstream, it’s exciting to me to imagine a library where I can recommend artists and films that the system actually has access too. Beyond that, I think it would be awesome if we could provide access to website creation, music creation, and animation creation software. I would love to see a future library where creation is as valued as information.

No comments: