Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I Should Learn to Knit.

Here is the beloved Flickr post. It is a knit version of Lovecraft’s dreaded Cthulhu. I wonder how Lovecraft would feel knowing that his creation has turned into a cute, adorable handcrafted toy. Personally, I think it’s wonderful. If I ever learn to knit, everyone I know would be forced to adopt a Tim Knit Cthulhu. What a wonderful world that would be. No Violence, No Screaming, No Library Fines, only Baby Cthulhus knitted with tender love. I can dream.

4 comments:

Megan said...

if you ever want some basic knitting insturction, let me know and we can have a lunchtime knitting class. :) but i can't say that i know how to create those creatures.

Lindsey said...

I love the little cthulu! Although he's actually crocheted. :) There is a pattern for a knit one here on the internet though.

Cat Herself said...

I started to crochet just to make these things, and let me tell you, I'm not able! It's hard to get the crocheted fabric tight enough so that the stuffing doesn't poke out. Maybe it's just me.

Anonymous said...

Forget about adopting a "Tim Knit Cthulhu." Think of the potential value man! You start working on the learning knitting part now. I'll get to work on the marketing angle.