Tuesday, August 26, 2008

My First Post

I am not new to the world of blogs, but it has been awhile. I am employee of the Columbus Metropolitan Library , whose Learn & Play program has prompted this new blog. My original blog, which took place years ago in the world of myspace, had a slightly different intent. Mostly the posts were inspired by the non-fiction essays of Jonathan Ames(Think David Sedaris with more bite), but here I will attempt to keep the self depreciation to a minimum.

I work for the library because I enjoy it. I believe helping people have access to information they may not have otherwise is accomplishing something positive within society. Plus, working this close to people helps keep the dogs of anomie at bay. There are frustrating situations that arise when working with the public, but at the end of the week, it is worth it.

On my off time I find myself doing the usual things. My major interests are Reading, Writing (Preferred Genre’s being Horror & Science Fiction), Music (both listening and creating), Movies, Photo Manipulation, and the occasional Video Game. I like doing creative things. If working for the Library allows me to feel like I am part of society, my dabbling in fiction and music allows me to feel creatively fulfilled. Everyone needs their hobbies, mine tend to have a creative edge to them.

I am curious to see how CML utilizes this employee blog idea. I think it could lead to some interesting insights on the further regions of Customer Service. We’ll see how it all works out.

1 comment:

Art Vandelay said...

Great post. I am looking forward to what you have to say about the 23 things.xo